XXXVI. NIS functions
NIS (formerly called Yellow Pages) allows network management of
important administrative files (e.g. the password file). For more
information refer to the NIS manpage and Introduction to YP/NIS. There is also a book called Managing
NFS and NIS by Hal Stern.
To get these functions to work, you have to configure PHP with
- Table of Contents
- yp_get_default_domain Fetches the machine's default NIS domain.
- yp_order Returns the order number for a map.
- yp_master Returns the machine
name of the master NIS server for a map.
- yp_match Returns the matched line.
- yp_first Returns the first key-value pair from the named
- yp_next Returns the next key-value pair in the named
- yp_errno Returns the error code of
the previous operation.
- yp_err_string Returns the error string associated with the previous